Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Baby

Well I must say this whole week has been kind of low key for me. Although I have had plenty of wonderful ideas I just haven't had the darn energy I wanted to get more done, BUT I am happy with what I have accomplished:) Here is my newest necklace creation..What do you think? I am very pleased with it. It looks great on and is very funky and bold with a touch of natural.
On another note I sold another painting, yeah! It was one that wasn't really planned just became from the flow of the universe. One day, while doing "Artist's Way" I decided that I was not going to think at all, no analyzing perfection on lines and such, just going for it non stop, grabbing what ever pastel was closest to my hand without a care:) What came of it was a abstract canvas of lovely colors and flowing lines with some subtle objects that could be formed into whatever popped into ones mind. I then took liquin (SP) and painted over the pastel blending colors in a watercolory effect. Totally not my usual style but it felt good. I then put it to the side for a few months, just let it be, what it was. Then one day I started to read bits of The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran and came across the follow writings...There are those who give little of the much which they have-and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome. And there are those who have little and give it all. these are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty. I was so touched by these word that I HAD to put it somewhere and out of the corner of the room I saw a glimmer of soft, gentle, nurturing, colors on a canvas which seemed to be missing something and that something was the words of Kahlil Gibran. So I got out my paint brush and a parma violet-ish purple paint and began to fill this 28x38 canvas with his beautiful words. Well just like it had connected with me, it had connected with another and that makes me smile inside my soul. I Thank Kahlil for that collaboration:) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment